What is Google My Business?
Google My Business (GMB) is a free tool that helps businesses manage their digital presence and appearance on Google Search and Google maps.
It is one of the important parts of the SEO strategy to claim and verify your business listing on Google My Business (GMB). If your business gets listed on the GMB it will increase the chances of showing up in local finder, Google maps, organic results.
Getting a listing on GMB business is free when you qualify for the local business. It is important to complete all the information Google asks about your business profile. You have to make sure to fill the complete details about your business listing. This will have valuable basic data that will make it easier for customers to find more about your company.
For the GMB profile, you can include information about the company, business category, address, phone number, and payment methods. Then, you’ll be required to verify your account by submitting a code that is mailed to your business address.
Most important thing is that you have to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date.
Google has been constantly adding great features to the GMB. You can upload your profile photo; cover photo and video to showcase your business.
Tips to optimize your Google My Business Profile:
- Adding a good business description also improves your search rankings on Google. It is the most notable way to tell Google and searchers about your business.
- Getting reviews is one of the best ways to improve your GMB profile. You can encourage the customers for a review on your profile and respond to all reviews.
- Having good and positive GMB reviews helps you to rise up in Google postings. People usually look around the locations for good services of products.
- If the listing has 10 to 15 reviews and rating above 4 stars will get a lot of attention and good response from the customers.
- Always try to respond to your negative reviews and make sure that your customer leaves happy. When negative reviews appear online, reach out to those customers to apologize and empathize. This will help to show the general public that you care for your clients after they leave your business.
- You can post daily updates about your business details for the GMB profile. Google Posts allows you to add text, photos, gifs, and even call-to-action buttons including buy, signup, learn more, and get offers.
- While creating posts Google allows a maximum of 300 words per single post but only 60-70 characters will show up on the mobile and desktop display if you use a CTA button and publish your post.
- Businesses with good photos receive more requests for directions as the photos will tell the customers what they are offering.
- Businesses can track their customer by using the GMB insights feature. This will tell how the customers are searching your business and the actions they are performing to the posts, total phone calls, and when they calling.
There are a lot of other ways the customers search for your business, but Google is the top contender for searches. You just have to sure your digital presence, when the customers are looking for the products or services.
If you need help in setting up a Google My Business profile for your business, you can consult our Sunraise Solutions. Feel free to contact us.